Monday, May 25, 2015

LEGO EV3 MINDSTORMS R3PTAR


I built the R3PTAR robot a couple weeks ago, but finally got around to testing out the programs from the "mission"s that LEGO has.

In the first mission you get the robot to slither. In the second, you get the robot to snap its jaws. In the third, the robot slithers back and forth and if you wave a hand or some object in front of its eyes "infrared sensor" its jaws will snap. Then, finally in the fourth mission you learn how to program the robot so you can control the "slither" motor, "forward/backward" motor, and the "snapping motor".

The first three missions were rather straightforward, but for some reason the robot will not respond in the third mission. Most of the time it will stop responding to infrared controls after the "snapping" motion is completed, but other times you can still control the motion and the snapping of the robot. Seems strange, I tried messing around with the program controls and haven't found a solution for that yet. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the loops and switches involved in the program. I'm wondering why a loop is even necessary now that I think about it. It's feeling less likely that it is a sensor problem. At least I hope it is not a sensor problem because this set is relatively new and I haven't gotten to do a whole lot with it.

Anyway, footage of the different things I got it to do is provided below. I was too lazy to film the robot when it was controlled by IR remote. It's nothing too interesting anyway as it is basically just the same movements but its movement is no longer autonomous.





As always, this post is not sponsored. Just sharing this information for the sake of sharing.

-The Lonely Mechanic


No comments:

Post a Comment