Sunday, April 26, 2015

LEGO EV3 Mindstorms GRIPP3R

And we're back!

I built the GRIPP3R robot a couple weeks ago and have finally got around to documenting the final product and etc. I had followed the instructions LEGO provided with the set, but realized that the length of the "arms" for GRIPP3R are too long and interfere with the gripping mechanism so I ended up removing the last link of the arms.

Part of the arms that I ended up having to remove from the robot

GRIPP3R fully assembled with the length of the arms adjusted


I think what I like most about this design is how quickly GRIPP3R grabs the stack of tires. It's also a lot of fun to just control the robot via IR remote. You can drive it around and pick up random things and carry them somewhere else. Its very entertaining. I took a video of GRIPP3R doing its thing and you can view it below:



No comments:

Post a Comment